New Bond Street Office
We have completed work on a new entrance to offices in New Bond Street. The elegant corner building, built in 1910 to the designs of architects Treadwell and Martin, is characterised by its buff stone finish, generous window openings and flourishes of stone decoration.
The new entrance features bespoke decorative tiles which incorporate a flower motif, similar to that on the original building. The three dimensional tiles form a surround to the new doorway and extend into the lobby space. Milled from 30mm thick black marble by STF London, the tiles contrast with the buff stone and white stair which leads to the offices on the upper levels.
The design process explored both three and two-dimensional versions of the motif as well as cast prototypes of the final proposals.
Photographs: Ben Tynegate